Poster Experiments

Poster experiment 1

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 13.23.09

For this experiment I have filled in the black areas of the skull with the name of the bands that will be playing at the festival in grey and the more famous bands in red so that They will standout more, I have also made the more famous bands names bigger than the others to also make them standout more.

I made this experiment by uploading a skull on to Photoshop and placed the names of the bands on top.

This experiment shows a combination of words and images because the words look like they are part of the image. I have made the experiment like this because.

I was influenced by the designer for the dance project poster, which placed words on top of the image, and made some words bigger than other to show their importance.

The most successful part of the experiment was the use of the colour red to make the names standout this is because red is a bright colour and so when people see the experiment they will be drawn to the band names. The unsuccessful part of the experiment was that some names are so small that you can’t read them and so some viewers will not know who is playing.

Poster experiment 2

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 13.24.33

For this experiment I have, wrote the name of the festival in white and behind the words I used the paint tool to paint behind and around the words red, I also made it look like it is dripping, I have done this to make it look like blood is dripping down and as it drips it forms the the of the title.

This relates to words and images because the words have been made to look like blood dripping down.

The most successful part of the experiment is that it does look like blood is dripping. The most unsuccessful part is that it looks like the words are placed on top of the blood and not that the blood forms the words.

 

Experiment 3

 

In this experiment I have uploaded images  of the internet, and traced over them in Photoshop. I then colored in the outline black by using the paint bucket and used the white paint to colour in highlights. I also placed white text giving additional information about the festival on top.

The most successful part of the experiment is that the knife and gun ended up looking the way I wanted it to look.

The most unsuccessful part is that the text was meant to look like it was part of the knife and gun that it does.

next time I will try to make the text look like it is part of the gun and knife.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s