Experimental celebrity chef ‘Dan Lovell-Bray’ is releasing a new cookbook entitled ‘Crazy in the Kitchen.’ Along with the launch of the new book, he is also launching a cooking app, a range of ready meals and is giving an interview to BBC Good Food magazine.
Lovell- Bray is looking to commission an illustrator/graphic designer to design many aspects of these projects.
As that Designer you will need to design and illustrate the following:
- An instructional illustration, illustrating the steps of one of his recipes from the cookbook.
- A double page spread for BBC Good Food magazine that uses illustration to suggest his experimental ‘crazy’ style of cooking.
- Either an illustrated app icon for his app ‘Crazy Cooking’ or a piece of illustrated packaging for his ready meal line entitled ‘Dan Lovell-Bray’s Crazy at Home’
Lovell-Bray insists that the designer use a mixture of techniques within each illustration to suggest his mixed and hap hazard style of cooking. Each design should include elements of:
- Photoshop Wacom drawing
- Scanned traditional drawing media (e.g. fine liner, pencil)
- Scanned textures
- Illustrator shapes and pen tool
Each illustration must evoke the ‘crazy’ style of his cooking and must fit its purpose and context