For my instructional illustration I had to show the theme crazy within my design, I did this by having a crazy recipe to show the idea of crazy to the audience and so I looked for the most crazy recipe that I could find and I came across a recipe called chocolate salami which I thought sounded really bazaar and crazy and so I decided to use this recipe.
One of the ingredients that I needed to draw for the chocolate salami was a bottle of Grand Marnier and so I downloaded an image off line, the link to where I got the image is located below the image. I downloaded the image instead of taking a picture myself because I don’t have a bottle of this drink in my house and it would of had been expenses to buy.
After I had downloaded the image I uploaded the image to PhotoShop, I then clicked on create new layer and called it “label”, this will be the layer where I will be drawing the labels. I then went back to the image layer and changed the opacity down to 80%, this is so that it would be easier to draw on top of the image.
After I had changed the opacity, I then went on the layer called “label” and clicked on the eye dropper and clicked on the letters of the label, this is so that when I start drawing the label the colour would be the same as the colour of the bottle. I then got the wacon and started drawing on top of the letters of the label.
Once I had finished drawing the letters I then went on to drawing the border of the label. This is what it looks like after I had finished the border.
After I had finished the border I then used the eye dropper to copy the colour of the background of the label and used the bucket tool to place the colour in which was a lot quicker than using the paint tool to paint the colour in. There is what the label looked like after I had finished. I missed a few things from the label as well like a few words below the name of the bottle and the image of a lion and horse holding a shield above the name, I chose to do this because it felt like it was not needed because when I am done with this drawing I am going to shrink it down and so it would be hard for the viewer to read what the little words are saying and so I thought that there would be no point having them in.
Once I had finished with the label the next part that I had to do was the bottle and so I started from the top and work my way down. I created a new layer called “lid” and like I did for the label, I used the eye dropper to copy the dark colour of the lid, I then used the paint tool to paint over the dark parts of the lid.
After I had done that I then used the eye dropper again to copy the lighter colour of the lid and used the paint tool to paint in the lighter colour of the lid. I did the exact same thing for the really light part of the lid where the light is shining off of it.
I then moved on to doing the the label right below the lid and just like what I did with the lid I used the eye dropper to copy the light and dark colours of the label and used the paint tool to paint over the light and dark colours. I also started colouring in the dark part of the main bottle body.
After I had done the label below the lid I then went on to drawing the neck of the bottle, using the eye dropper to copy the colours of the bottle and the paint tool to paint in the colours.
I then moved on to doing the ribbon part of the bottle and used the eye dropper to copy the main colour of the ribbon and used the paint tool to paint in the colour o the ribbon.
Another ingredient that I needed to draw was an egg yoke. The web address of where I got this image is located below the picture.
After I had drawn all of the ingredients and equipment, the next thing that I needed to do was place them all on one page and so I opened up Photoshop and opened up a new a3 page.
I then changed the colour of the page from white was that the background will look more interesting then just a white page.
I wanted a way to show the audience what ingredients they will need and how much and so I came up with this idea of showing a notebook with everything that they will need on it and so I scanned in an image of a blank page of my notebook and placed the image onto the page.
The next thing that I need was type up all of the ingredients that is needed and how much on each line of the scanned page, I did this to make it seem like the words were written on the page. I also tried to use a hand writing type font to again make it seem like the words were written on the page.
After I was done with the notebook page, I moved onto placing the image on to the page.
After I had placed on all of the images for the steps, I then numbered all of the images, this is so that the viewer would know what image shows which step they should take next.
I then typed up what each step shows and what the viewer must do for each step, this is so that they will understand what is going on for each image and what they must do.
I thought that the instructions that I typed up looked a bit boring and didn’t really standout a lot and so I used the shape tool located at the left of the screen and used it to place a box behind each of the instructions. This way the words standout a little more from the background.
The next thing that I did was insert arrows, this is so that the viewer would know what steps they will need to take after they had finished the step that they are on. However I did think that this is unnecessary because I had already numbered the steps and so I was thinking about taking it out, but the arrows made the design look more interesting and so I left them in.
After I had finished with the steps, I then placed in the title so that the viewer will know what it is that the instructions are telling them to make.
I thought that